Blog June 1, 2018
- Washington, D.C., Boston
- Phone Numbers
- o: 202-626-6427
June 16, 2022
26 Fish & Richardson Attorneys Named to the 2021 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll
January 5, 2022
Fish & Richardson Elevates 17 Attorneys to Principal
April 7, 2021
Thirty Fish Attorneys Named to 2020 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll
February 22, 2021
Fish & Richardson and ACLU of Massachusetts Win Pro Bono Lawsuit for Asylum-Seekers Challenging "Return to Mexico" Policy
January 31, 2018
BPLA Panel | Enforcement of Surgical Methods/Techniques
- “A Conversation on Medical Innovation,” Vanderbilt Intellectual Property Association and Vanderbilt Medical Innovation Lab (March 2018)
- “Enforcement of Surgical Methods/Techniques,” Boston Patent Law Association (January 2018)
U.S. District Court Cases
- Secured an early settlement on behalf of electronic payment processor in patent infringement case relating to coupon aggregation technology, in the Western District of Texas.
- Bose Corp. v. Goldstein, No. 1:19-cv-11701-ADB (D. Mass) – secured a permanent injunction for Bose in this trade secret misappropriation case.
- Plastipak Packaging, Inc. v. Niagara Bottling, LLC, 1:17-cv-01463 (E.D. Va.) – managed the claim construction process for plaintiff Plastipak in this patent infringement lawsuit relating to plastic bottles.
- DataTern, Inc. v. MicroStrategy Inc. et al., C.A. Nos. 11-11970, 11-12220, (D. Mass.) – secured an exceptional case finding and award of attorneys’ fees under 35 U.S.C. § 285, after obtaining a pre-trial dismissal with prejudice on behalf of defendant MicroStrategy.
- Software Corporation v. Altair Engineering, Inc. et al., No. 2:07-cv-12807 (E.D. Mich.) – represented defendant Altair during damages expert discovery in this long-running trade secret misappropriation lawsuit.
- Smith & Nephew, Inc. and John O. Hayhurst, M.D. v. Arthrex, Inc., C.A. No. 3:08-cv-00714-MO (D. Or.) – secured a settlement shortly before trial on behalf of Smith & Nephew in a long-running patent infringement lawsuit related to arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
- The Johns Hopkins University v. Alcon Laboratories, Inc. and Alcon Research, Ltd., C.A. No. 15-525-SLR (D. Del.) – secured a settlement shortly before trial on behalf of plaintiff Johns Hopkins University in a patent infringement lawsuit related to fundamental aspects of modern vitreoretinal surgery.
- EveryScape, Inc. v. Adobe Systems, Inc., C.A. No. 10-11597-RGS (D. Mass.) – obtained a jury verdict of invalidity under 35 USC 102 (anticipation) and 35 USC 103 (obviousness) on behalf of Adobe in this patent infringement lawsuit involving photo editing technology.
International Trade Commission Section 337 Investigations
- Certain Semiconductor Devices, Wireless Infrastructure Equipment Containing the Same, and Components Thereof, 337-TA-1254 – represented Samsung in ITC investigation related to 5G cellular technology.
- Certain Video Processing Devices, Components Thereof, and Digital Smart Televisions Containing the Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-1222 – represented Samsung in multi-Respondent ITC investigation related to adaptive bitrate streaming and digital rights management technology.
- Certain Laparoscopic Surgical Staplers, Reload Cartridges, and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1167 – represented respondent Intuitive Surgical in this five-patent ITC investigation.
- Certain Semiconductor Lithography Systems and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1137 – technical lead for one of three asserted patents; case settled favorably before the evidentiary hearing.
- Certain Digital Cameras, Software, and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1059 – technical lead for one of five asserted patents; case settled favorably after favorable initial determination.