T. Tony Zhang, Ph.D.
- New York
- Phone Numbers
- o: 212-641-2279
Tony's practice includes all aspects of intellectual property law with particular emphasis on the patent procurement, counseling, and enforcement process. In particular, he serves clients in developing worldwide patent portfolios with an eye toward crafting portfolios that effectively exclude competitors and can be monetized through licensing and enforcement.
His practice spans the IP life cycle, from helping clients understand and navigate the IP landscape as they bring new products to market to helping clients prune portfolios to divest low value assets. Tony provides strategic counseling to clients, bringing a unique and well-rounded perspective of a skilled practitioner with in-depth technical and patent experience.
Tony's professional, educational, and research backgrounds have provided him with a deep understanding of a broad array of technical fields. His substantial patent prosecution experience spans chemistry, pharmaceuticals, material sciences, and biotechnology, including:
- Pharmaceuticals (e.g., small molecule drugs and polymer-drug conjugates)
- Nutraceuticals (e.g., herbal extracts), drug formulations, cosmetic formulations (e.g., fragrance)
- Biomaterials (e.g., diagnostic agents)
- Medical devices (e.g., stents, imaging devices, biosensors, and biochips)
- Batteries, fuel cells, and solar cells
- Material sciences (e.g., polymers, ink materials, catalysts, semiconductor materials, magnetic materials, superconducting materials and formulations, fabric materials, and food additives and processing)
- 3D printing technologies
- Chemical synthetic and analytical methods (e.g., mass spectroscopy)
- Business methods
Life Sciences Star
IAM Patent 1000
Finalist for Patent Strategy Attorney of the Year - New York