- Chief Operating Officer
- Washington, D.C.
- Phone Numbers
- o: 612-278-4556
Kristine McKinney provides strategic leadership for the firm’s operations across 14 offices in the U.S., Europe, and China. A 20-year veteran of the legal industry, Kristine is known for driving organizational transformation while building a culture that inspires people at all levels of the firm, providing world-class client service and enhancing efficiency and innovation.
Prior to becoming COO, Kristine served as the firm’s first chief legal talent & inclusion officer, a role in which she led the professional development, legal recruiting, diversity & inclusion, and pro bono teams. During her five-year tenure, Fish was selected as a Best Law Firm for Women for four consecutive years, elevated its most diverse class of principals ever, was recognized as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality, and earned the Mansfield Certified Designation from Diversity Lab, among many other notable accomplishments.
Previously, Kristine was in management roles at Faegre Baker Daniels and Kirkland & Ellis. Kristine is a sought-after speaker and author on topics related to organizational effectiveness, change management, diversity and leadership development.
- Strategic Coalition of Law Firms – Member (2020-Current)
- Association of Legal Administrators, COO Roundtable – Member (2021-Current)
- The Association of Law Firm Diversity Professionals (ALFDP) — Diversity Summit Planning Committee (2012)
- Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms — Professional Development Committee (2008-10)
- Cabrini Green Legal Aid — Young Professionals Board (2008-10)
- Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms — Professional Development Committee (2008-2010)
- Cabrini Green Legal Aid — Young Professionals Board (2008-2010)
- St Paul Academy Parents Association (2014-2018)