Joseph P. Valentino, Ph.D.
- New York
- Phone Numbers
- o: 212-641-2255
Patent attorney Joseph Valentino, Ph.D., focuses his practice on patent prosecution, strategic counseling and analysis, and patent portfolio development and management.
Joseph counsels clients at every stage of their life cycle, helping them evaluate patentability, avoid infringement, and maximize the value of the intellectual property assets. He has substantial experience in producing patentability, patent infringement, and patent validity opinions, and drafting patent applications to withstand competitor challenges. He also represents clients in post-grant proceedings, including inter partes review proceedings, ex parte reexaminations, and reissue applications.
Joseph’s professional, educational, and research backgrounds enable him to understand and advise on a broad array of technical fields including:
- Semiconductor devices and fabrication
- Computer software and hardware
- Quantum computing and quantum electronics device fabrication
- Organic electronics, image processing, optics, and electro-optics (e.g., lasers and light emitting diodes)
- Electricity and magnetism
- Solid-state physics
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Medical devices
- Microelectromechanical systems
Joseph earned his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Princeton University, where later, as a graduate student, he researched thermocapillary flow as a novel actuation technique for microfluidic applications.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board Bar Association