Jacqueline Tio's practice emphasizes intellectual property litigation matters, including patent and trade secrets litigation, in venues across the country covering a wide range of technologies. Her experience includes both active litigations and pre-litigation due diligence.
Over the years, Jacqueline has participated and argued on behalf of clients in a number of jury and bench trials in U.S. District Courts and before the U.S. International Trade Commission. These include matters representing plaintiffs, complainants, and defendants in asserting or defending against claims seeking injunctive and/or monetary relief involving a wide range of technologies, such as polymers, agrochemicals, anti-viral compounds, pharmaceuticals, biomedical devices, mechanical devices, electronics, and consumer products. Jacqueline has practiced in jurisdictions including California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Texas, Wisconsin, and Washington, D.C.
Jacqueline is also involved in a number of pro bono matters, including representing clients in state and federal courts. Prior to joining the firm, she completed a judicial internship for the Honorable Linda T. Walker of the Northern District of Georgia (Atlanta Division). She also conducted research for the M.I.T. chemistry department source reduction project, which received a 2005 and 2006 EPA P3 Award for Student Design for Sustainability, research for Oak Ridge National Laboratory's environmental services division, and research under Professor Stephen Lippard in inorganic chemistry as an undergraduate.
- D3D Technologies, Inc. v. Microsoft Corp., 6:20-cv-1699-PCB-DCI (M.D. Fla. 2020)
- Certain Video Processing Devices, Components Thereof, and Digital Smart Television Containing the Same, No. 337-TA-1222 (2020)
- UPL NA Inc. v. Tide International (USA), Inc. et al., 8:19-cv-1201 (C.D. Cal. 2019)
- YKK Corporation et al v. Velcro Companies USA Inc., 5:13-cv-306 (M.D. Ga. 2017)
- Certain Digital Cable and Satellite Products, Set-Top Boxes, Gateways, and Components Thereof, No. 337-TA-1049 (2017)
- Certain Access Control Systems and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1016 (2016)
- Certain Automated Teller Machines, ATM Modules, Components Thereof, and Products Containing Same, No. 337-TA-972 (2015)
- Gilead Sciences Inc. et al. v. AbbVie Inc., 1:13-cv-2034 (D. Del. 2013)
- VirnetX Inc. v. Avaya Inc. et al., 6:11-cv-18 (E.D. Tex. 2011)
- RPost Holdings, Inc. et al. v. Canada Post Corp. et al., 2:11-cv-6 (E.D. Tex. 2011)
- INVISTA North America S.a.r.l. et al. v. M&G USA Corp. et al., 1:11-cv-1007 (D. Del. 2011)
- Abaxis, Inc. v. Cepheid, 5:10-cv-02840 (N.D. Cal. 2010)
- Spansion LLC v. Samsung Elecs. Co., Ltd. et al., 3:10-cv-453 (W.D. Wis. 2010)
- Synchrome Tech. Inc. v. Toshiba America Information Sys., Inc. et al., 1:09-cv-1736 (N.D. Ga. 2009)
40 Under 40
Pro Bono Achievement Certificate
Rise of APA Women
On the Rise
- Treasurer & Executive Officer, Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Membership & Diversity Committee of Atlanta Chapter of ChIPs
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association