David L. Kaminsky, Ph.D.
- Litigation Technology Analyst
- Washington, D.C.
- Phone Numbers
- o: 202-626-7723
David Kaminsky, Ph.D., has over 25 years of research and development experience in computer science. He uses his deep understanding of the field to help clients with complex litigation and patent prosecution, with a focus on computer and software technologies, including cloud computing, machine learning, security, networking, parallel and distributed processing, blockchain, mobile computing, and Internet of Things (IoT). In addition, David provides advice related to patent monetization and patent development programs, including inventor incentive and recognition programs.
David is an experienced inventor, with over 100 patents in his name, and has successfully mentored hundreds of inventors as they learned and explored the invention process. David has conducted scores of invention harvesting sessions resulting in hundreds of inventions. He has written about diversity and inclusion among inventors, and how mentoring can improve equity. He is a frequent speaker on the importance of patents to promote the freedom to innovate, including encouraging innovation that relates to open technologies.
David has also participated in numerous patent transactions, providing the technical and business insights needed to ensure proper valuation. He has created portfolio development and maintenance strategies and led their effective executions.
Prior to joining Fish, he was an IP Technologist and Chief Software Patent Architect for International Business Machines (IBM).
In his free time, David enjoys reading and competing (far too hard) in fantasy football.
- U.S. 10,938,557 Distributed ledger for generating and verifying random sequence
- U.S. 10,901,896 Cached result use through quantum gate rewrite
- U.S. 9,276,759 Monitoring of computer network resources having service level objectives
- U.S. 9,141,433 Automated cloud workload management in a map-reduce environment
- U.S. 9,088,636 Quality of service (QoS) based planning in web services aggregation
- U.S. 8,996,500 Using temporary performance objects for enhanced query performance
- U.S. 8,381,015 Fault tolerance for map/reduce computing
- U.S. 8,245,140 Visualization and consolidation of virtual machines in a virtualized data center
- U.S. 8,082,291 Identifying relevant data from unstructured feeds
- U.S. 7,827,608 Data leak protection system, method and apparatus
- U.S. 7,743,018 Transient storage in distributed collaborative computing environments
- U.S. 7,461,166 Autonomic service routing using observed resource requirement for self-optimization
- U.S. 7,010,681 Method, system and apparatus for selecting encryption levels based on policy profiling
- U.S. 6,915,386 Processing service level agreement (SLA) terms in a caching component of a storage system
- U.S. 6,874,015 Parallel CDN-based content delivery
- U.S. 6,564,260 Systems, methods and computer program products for assigning, generating and delivering content to intranet users
- U.S. 6,157,960 Technique for programmatically creating distributed object programs
- U.S. 6,138,156 Selecting and applying content-reducing filters based on dynamic environmental factors
- U.S. 6,011,918 Methods, systems and computer program products for generating client/server applications