David L. Holt
- Washington, D.C.
- Phone Numbers
- o: 202-626-7783
David Holt’s practice supports post-grant proceedings and patent prosecution before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
David has considerable experience in post-grant proceedings from the perspective of both the petitioner and the patent owner, including presenting oral arguments before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board in several proceedings. He has been listed as counsel in over 100 USPTO post-grant trials and involved in the development of strategy and preparation of filings for many more.
He also has extensive experience drafting patent applications, examiner responses, and patent-related opinions.
David is technically focused on the electrical, computer-related, physics, and mechanical arts. As such, he has extensive experience in the following technologies:
- Internet-driven solutions
- Network systems and protocols
- Data storage and retrieval standards and media
- Microprocessor and computer architecture
- Digital cameras and photography equipment
- Statistical data analytic solutions
- Mobile and other communications equipment and processes
- Display technologies
- Semiconductor devices and fabrication processes
- Signal and image-processing techniques
- Complex optical and mechanical devices
- Error detection and correction techniques
- Financial processes
- Acoustics and video standards and equipment
- Turbine engine technology
- High-temperature protective coatings
David is a former patent examiner for the USPTO (2007-2008), where he handled patent applications in the digital camera art. He also worked as a software engineer for the Northrop Grumman Corp. (2005-2007), where he designed test software for ground-based radar systems.
IAM Patent 1000
"David has been an excellent day-to-day execution partner on multiple cases." — Client Testimonial, 2022 Chambers and Partners USA
Pro bono activities
- Asylum applications on behalf of Immigration Equality
- Housing conditions on behalf of Legal Aid Society of DC