May 14, 2021
Fish & Richardson Signs ABA's Pledge on Well Being in the Legal Profession
Fish will join several AmLaw 100 firms in signing the ABA's Pledge on Well Being in the Legal Profession. This pledge is under the larger Campaign of Innovation that the ABA has put forth to "Improve the Substance Use and Mental Health Landscape of the Legal Profession."
By signing the pledge, the firm recognizes that substance use and mental health problems represent a significant challenge for our profession. It also signifies that the firm supports the Campaign's seven point framework for building a better future in the legal profession. The seven points that the pledge emphasizes are below.
- Provide enhanced, robust education to both attorneys and staff on topics related to well-being, mental health, and substance use disorders.
- Disrupt the status quo of drinking-based events, by seeking creative alternatives and ensuring there are always appealing non-alcoholic alternatives when alcohol is served.
- Develop visible partnerships with outside resources that are committed to reducing substance use disorders and mental health distress in the profession. These would include healthcare insurers, lawyer assistance programs, experts in the field, as well as our already implemented EAP.
- Provide confidential access to addiction and mental health experts and resources (including free self-assessment tools).
- Develop proactive policies and protocols to support assessment and treatment of substance use and mental health problems, including a clearly defined back-to-work policy following treatment.
- Actively and consistently demonstrate that help-seeking and self-care are at the core of the firm's cultural values, by regularly supporting programs to improve physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Continue to highlight the adoption of this well-being framework to attract and retain the best lawyers and staff.
March 13, 2023
Fish & Richardson Names Joshua A. Griswold as Managing Principal of Dallas Office
December 5, 2016
Juanita Brooks and Jon Singer profiled in National Law Journal's special report "High Stakes, Significant Victories"
July 17, 2017
Fish & Richardson Elects Deanna Reichel as a Principal
February 17, 2009
Fish Receives Top Rankings in IP Law360 Surveys
July 14, 2014
Fish & Richardson Sends 33 Students to Space Camp
August 10, 2017
Susan Morrison Named 2017 "Woman Worth Watching in STEM" by Profiles in Diversity Journal
February 12, 2009
Corporate and Chancery Year in Review: Top 10 Delaware Corporate Opinions of 2006
January 21, 2015
John Dragseth Quoted in Law360 article "Lawyers Weigh In On High Court Claim Construction Ruling"
March 31, 2016