Fish’s Teresa Lavoie, Todd Garcia, and Sheryl Garko, will moderate three separate panels, and Teresa Lavoie will serve as Roundtable Co-Chair at Consero’s IP Executive Roundtable for Life Sciences, April 12, in Boston, MA.
Fish is a proud sponsor of this event, where attendees join their peers–senior IP leaders–for networking and discussions on proven IP strategies that improve business practices. Panel details are below.
9:00AM – 10:30AM ET
Establishing Your IP Strategy As Part Of The Business
- How do you communicate the inner-workings of your patent strategy to those in the company who lack a legal background?
- How do you work with your management team to make sure your IP strategy complements the overall business strategy?
- How can you more fully incorporate your IP team and outside counsel into the business?
- How have you worked effectively with the Office of the CEO—as well as HR, Legal, and Communications—to supervise change initiatives and supply IP-specific guidance?
Moderator: Todd Garcia, Principal, Fish & Richardson
Jennifer Loebach, Director, IP, Blueprint Medicines
Ljiljana Minwalla, Head of IP, CiVi Biopharma
Rady Morin, VP, Head of IP, Translate Bio
Charlene Stern, VP, Legal, Editas Medicine
11:15AM – 12:15PM ET
The Importance of Due Diligence Avoiding IP Risk During M&A
- How do small biotech companies address IP risk in the eyes of potential investors?
- How do large companies evaluate the IP portfolios of smaller companies? What do they look for?
- How does increased regulatory scrutiny of consumer privacy and data security impact transaction considerations?
- What are some practical tips for mitigating IP risk during a merger or acquisition?
Moderator: Teresa Lavoie, Principal, Fish & Richardson
Gene Kim, Sr. IP Counsel, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals
Kevin McGough, VP, IP Legal, Shire Pharmaceuticals
Karen Sinclair, Director, IP, Harvard University
2:30PM – 3:30PM ET
Protecting Your Trade Secrets Both Inside & In The Wild
- How do you identify and track your trade secrets?
- In what specific ways have you educated your management team on the importance of trade secrets?
- How have you worked across business units to carry out your global trade secret strategy?
Moderator: Sheryl Garko, Principal, Fish & Richardson
Julie Anne Gillespie, Sr. Director, Head of IP, Neon Therapeutics
Kimya Harris, Head of IP, IP & Corporate Strategy, KSQ Therapeutics
Melodie Henderson, VP, IP, Sigilon Therapeutics
Thursday, April 12, 8:30AM – 5:30PM ET
The Millennium Bostonian Hotel
26 North St., Boston, MA