With a "heavyweight reputation" and "a national reach across the market" (World Trademark Review 1000), Fish & Richardson is among the top trademark firms in the United States. Our practice includes experienced trademark attorneys and paralegals who are dedicated to trademark, trade dress, and domain name matters, including strategic counseling and prosecution work as well as complex litigation and alternative dispute resolution. With the support of the world's premier intellectual property (IP) law firm, Fish's trademark group offers the resources of a global IP leader, the expertise of a boutique, and the personal service that comes with a local presence.
Our trademark attorneys use a business-oriented approach to handling the range of trademark issues that clients encounter. We are just as comfortable managing large international portfolios for Fortune 500 corporations as we are assisting emerging companies in developing unique and protectable marks. Our services are available throughout our 11 offices in the United States and our office in Munich, Germany and include:
- Registration, maintenance, and renewal of trademarks in the United States and worldwide
- Preparation, filing, and prosecution of new trademark applications and responses to Office actions
- Trademark docketing
- Trademark clearance searches and opinions
- Trademark portfolio audits and strategic counseling
- Trademark analysis for mergers & acquisitions
- Licensing agreements and trademark due diligence
- Investigations related to the trademark rights of others
- Advice on domain name acquisition and dispute resolution in the United States and worldwide
- Trademark oppositions and cancellations before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB)
- Trademark litigation in federal and state courts
- Anticounterfeiting investigations and related litigation
- Registration of trademarks with customs in the United States and worldwide
- Trademark watch services and 2(d) citation watch services
Total Access with FishLink® Extranet
Always at the forefront of technology, Fish's trademark team is proud to offer our clients the opportunity to increase their efficiency through the use of our FishLink® Extranet—a secure, password-protected web portal that gives clients direct access to their trademark and patent portfolios online. Updated daily and offered at no charge, FishLink® Extranet allows clients to instantly print status, docket, and maintenance reports and check the status of pending opposition and cancellation proceedings worldwide, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To learn more about US trademark registration, please click here.
To read more about trademark clearance reports, please click here.